It’s funny how you feel like you get nothing done today, even though you’re incredibly productive.
Yesterday I got nothing done.
- I cleaned the kitchen and did all the dishes.
- I vacuumed all the stairs.
- I vacuumed the bedrooms.
- Disassembled shelving in my wife’s office.
- I vacuumed the shards of fluorescent tubing that shattered in the shop the other day.
- More importantly, I (with a sprained knee) walked my dogs.
- Shopped for a new air compressor.
- Shopped for a used shop vac.
- Did a lumber inventory.
- Read a 100 page manual for building a Proto-Vacuform.
- Shopped for aluminum sheet metal.
- Bought the last Harry Potter book we need to complete the set.
- Fixed my photo printer.
- And worked a full day at the day job.
What I wanted to do was magically finish the workshop. Buy materials for the Proto-Vacuform and finish the Alien Queen. What that all felt like I was doing was: surfed the web, walked around, and did things no adult gets credit for doing. In the end, the best thing I did was walking the pups.